Friday, July 29, 2011

Stuffed Mushrooms


I had a few button mushrooms in the frig needing to be used.  I love stuffed mushrooms and don't think I've ever made them the same way twice.  This was a bit of a "kitchen sink" stuffing and they came out great!  There were a few leftover I so today for lunch, I reheated them in the microwave and they were, once again, wonderful.  The amounts in the recipe are guesstimates, as I didn't measure, but I think they're probably pretty close.  Adjust the amounts depending on how many mushrooms you use.  This is what I used for 5 mushrooms:

STUFFED MUSHROOMS

5 button mushrooms
1/2 stalk celery, minced
2 thin slices sweet onion, minced
3 medium-small (41-50) uncooked shrimp, diced small
1 oz cream cheese
minced garlic to taste
Panko breadcrumbs (enough to help bind the stuffing)
processed Swiss cheese slices (I used fat-free)

Remove the stems from the mushrooms and dice small.  Combine stems, celery, onions, shrimp, and garlic in a hot skillet sprayed with cooking spray, saute until tender.  Add cream cheese until melted.  Add enough breadcrumbs to bind.  Fill mushroom caps with stuffing.  Tear the cheese slices into bits to cover the top of the stuffing.

Bake at 400 for about 15 minutes.  My cheese melted nicely, but you might want to turn the broil on for a minute or two if you'd like a browner top.

No comments:

Post a Comment