Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Cinnamon Sugar Scones






Have you ever used cinnamon chips?  They're found in the baking aisle next to the chocolate chips.  Now I don't know if these are regional or seasonal, but I don't think I've ever found them in Chattanooga.  I had a bag leftover from when Jim was at TMI in Pennsylvania.  This is the end of my inventory and I love them.  So if any of you happen to notice them in your market, please let me know!

CINNAMON SUGAR SCONES (8 servings)

3 cups Bisquick Mix
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup vanilla yogurt
1/3 cup 2% milk
1 Tbsp vanilla extract
1 cup cinnamon chips
cinnamon sugar

Mix Bisquick and sugar.  Whisk together yogurt, milk, and vanilla extract.  Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients until just moistened.  Stir in cinnamon chips.

On lightly floured surface, knead dough gently 10 times.  Pat into a 9" circle.  Sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar (I go a little heavy on this since scones are not very sweet {only 1/4 cup of sugar is in the mix}).  Cut into 8 wedges, place on ungreased baking sheet (I used a Silpat).  Bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes or until golden.  

No comments:

Post a Comment