Monday, July 16, 2012

Double Almond Cookie


If you are a almond-flavored cookie fan, these are for you.  These are like a rich almond shortbread cookie.  Soft and chewy.

I have taken to making my cookie dough one day, baking the next.  I keep reading how it is much better to let cookie dough rest overnight.  I would definitely do that with this dough.  Even after keeping overnight, there's still a bit of spread when baked.  It is a very soft dough when initially prepared.  The dough hardened up nicely and I used my handy-dandy cookie scoop I found at Bed, Bath, and & Beyond and it worked wonderfully.

DOUBLE ALMOND COOKIES (makes 3 dozen)

2 cups flour
1/2 cup finely chopped or slivered almonds
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 egg
2 tsp pure almond extract

Combine flour, almonds, and salt; set aside.  Beat butter and sugar until creamy.  Blend in egg and almond extract.  Gradually mix in flour mixture.   Chill dough overnight.

Heat oven to 350.  Drop by rounded tablespoons onto cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or a Silpat.  Bake 10-14 minutes.  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment