Thursday, August 15, 2013

Goat Cheese, Avocado, Radish Crostini


Holy Smokes!!!  I stumbled across just about the easiest, most delicious little appetizer I have had in some time.  It's quick with just five ingredients and did I mention easy?!!!
I wish I could remember where I ran across this gem because they have got to have some other wonderful ideas.  

I generally keep crostini on hand in the freezer for different snacks.  I use a good quality baguette (we have Panera here) and I have used the regular French baguette and also the whole grain baquette.  I slice the baguette somewhere between a 1/4" and a 1/2", put the slices on a foiled-lined baking sheet (for easier clean-up) and brush them with a bit of olive oil.  Bake for about 10 mintues at 350F, then turn them and bake for another 5-10 minutes.

I don't have amounts for the ingredients.....make as many or as few as you like.  And please don't substitute dried dill for the fresh....the fresh makes all the difference.

GOAT CHEESE, AVOCADO, and RADISH CROSTINI

prepared crostini
radishes, sliced paper-thin (by hand or mandolin)
goat cheese
avocado, thinly sliced
fresh dill, chopped
S&P to taste

Spread the crostini with the goat cheese.  Place sliced avocados then radishes on top.  Sprinkle with dill.  Season with S&P if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment