Sunday, August 25, 2013

Mojo Peach Pork Saute


I'm not sure what to say about this recipe or where to start.  This is a recipe Publix was demo-ing the other day.  Publix is a regional supermarket chain in the southeastern US. So if you're in the area, you're in luck.  If you're not, there may be a few extra steps to take. But in my opinion, it is well worth the effort.

Pork, peppers, and peaches are not at the top of my list of things that I just love.  But this recipe was so intriguing to me that I just had to try it.  And what an incredible combination this turned out to be!!!  

Several of the listed ingredients are Publix brands.  However, I did an internet search and these things are either available for purchase or you can find recipes for them (the mojo marinade and the spicy peach butter {which, by the way, is not hot-spicy but a cinnamon-seasoned puree with a touch of cayenne, with the consistency of something close to an apple butter}).  The recipe also calls for a 12-oz bag of fajita vegetable mix.  I used half of an onion cut into long slices, along with half a bell pepper and four mini red/yellow/orange peppers.

This curious blend comes together wonderfully!  In my opinion, I'd be carefully not to overcook any of this....I loved the crisp-tenderness of the onions and peppers and the firmness of the peaches (the recipe didn't dictate, so I peeled one peach and left the peel on the other.....they were equally perfect).  Although just of few minutes of cooking the pork slices sounds rather minimal....any longer and you'd have a tough chew.

I served this with steamed rice with some of the sauce drizzled on it, and a garden salad.

MOJO PEACH PORK SAUTE (4 servings)

2 firm peaches, coarsely chopped
1 Tbsp fresh chives, coarsely chopped
Zest and juice of 1 lime
1 lb pork tenderloin, sliced 1" rounds
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 Tbsp EVOO
1 (12 oz) bag fajita vegetable mix (freshly sliced peppers and onions)
1/4 cup spicy peach butter (found in the bakery department)
3 Tbsp mojo marinade

Preheat large saute pan on medium-high, 2-3 minutes.  Season pork with S&P; place oil in pan.  Add pork, cook 1-2 minutes on each side or until browned.  Remove pork from pan.

Add fajita vegetables to same pan; cook 3-4 minutes or until peppers just begin to soften. Combine peach butter, mojo, lime zest and juice.

Add pork, peaches, and peach butter mixture to vegetables; cook and stir 1-2 minutes until sauce thickens.  Top with chives, serve.

Recipe Source: www.publix.com/aprons





No comments:

Post a Comment