Sunday, October 18, 2015

Arugula Mushroom Salad


I had made this salad several times and as much as I like arugula, it was a bit too much for me.  So I've starting cutting the amount of arugula in half and adding romaine to lighten it up a bit, in addition to adding a bit of crunch.

Now I find this salad dressing essential to the salad.  It's based on the Green Goddess dressing of old, but has tahini (sesame seed oil) to give it a unique flavor.  They stock it in the natural food section at Publix, but if you're interested, you can see if it's available in your area or you can buy it on-line by going here:  http://www.annies.com/products/dressings/goddess-dressing.

I don't give amounts here....use as much or as little of each ingredient to your liking.  See the link below for the precise recipe.

ARUGULA MUSHROOM SALAD

1/2 arugula 
1/2 chopped romaine
red pepper slices
quartered mushrooms (Portobella recommended, but button will do)
macadamia nuts
Goddess salad dressing

Recipe adapted from: http://www.publix.com/recipes-planning/aprons-simple-meals/sun-dried-tomato-artichoke-chicken-with-arugula-mushroom-salad


No comments:

Post a Comment