Thursday, October 15, 2015

Goat Cheese Arugula Pizza



I love arugula.  Love, love, love it.  But since there are just two of us, it's hard to not let some of it go to waste.   And what a shame.  

So, last week I decided to make a week full of recipes using one of those 5 oz plastic boxes of arugula found in the produce aisle.  Trying to find, in a way, that we didn't become over-arugula-ed.  Some of the salads I have recipes call for using all-arugula but even though I love this particular green, to have an  all arugula salad is just too much for me....I have to cut a salad with half-romaine.

But, my first recipe is probably just about the quickest, easiest, most delish pizza you could make.  Have some arugula, pizza crust, goat cheese, and romas on hand but only have a few minutes.  I gotcha covered.  This pizza is wonderful.  Nice crispy crust with the lusciousness of goat cheese and the peppery-ness of the greens......you can't go wrong.  Need a side dish?  A simple Caesar salad rounds this meal out perfectly.

GOAT CHEESE ARUGULA PIZZA (2-4 servings)

1 unbaked pizza crust (I used Boboli thin crust)
6 Tbsp (or so) prepared pesto sauce
3 roma tomatoes, thinly sliced
4-8 oz packaged regular or seasoned goat cheese (4 oz was plenty for me_)
2 tsp freshly minced garlic
1 cup fresh arugula
1 tsp EVOO

Preheat oven according to pizza package instructions.

Dab pesto onto the center of the pizza base and spread toward the outer edges.  Cut the goat cheese into thin coins (I simply spread it over the pesto), and spread or crumble across the pizza.  Arrange tomato slices over goat cheese/pesto.  Sprinkle with garlic.  Brush the crust edges lightly with olive oil.

Place pizza directly on preheated oven rack.  Bake 5-10 minutes or until the crust edges are golden.

After taking pizza out of the oven, allow to cool for a few minutes so that the cheese has time to set.  After a couple of minutes, cover the pizza with a handful of arugula.

Cut, serve, ENJOY!!!

Recipe Source:  Allrecipes.com

No comments:

Post a Comment