Friday, January 14, 2011

Creamy Caesar Salad Dressing

We eat a LOT of Caesar Salads around here. For the longest time, I always made my own Caesar vinaigrette, but after working in a few restaurants that used prepared dressings which were really quite good, I started buying bottled. I can't say I prefer creamy more than the vinaigrette, I enjoy both. But the last bottle I bought just wasn't doing it for me anymore. My mom just happened to share this recipe with me recently so I thought I'd give it a shot. It's definitely a keeper.

I've tried making salad dressings and dips with reduced-fat mayo, but if they sit for more than a day, they start getting really runny. Recently, I've been having really good luck using half regular mayo and half reduced-fat mayo (and I only use Hellman's {Best Food west of the Rockies}). As with most dips, this is definitely better at least several hours after preparing.

CREAMY CAESAR DRESSING
1 1/2 cup mayonnaise
2 garlic cloves, minced (I used large cloves because I want to taste it!)
coarsely ground black pepper (I just sprinkled it in until it looked right)
1 Tbsp anchovy paste
1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1/4 cup water
1 Tbsp dijon mustard
Whisk together well, then refrigerate.

No comments:

Post a Comment