Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Salmon and Raspberry Glaze on Whole Grain Rice


Another Publix recipe. We hadn't had salmon in a while and I usually incorporate it in our menu at least once a week. This recipe came out in today's sale flyer. I served it with asparagus and a whole grain rice mix. A very nice, simple, delicious dinner. Another fast and easy meal.
SALMON WITH RASPBERRY GLAZE (for two)
1 Tbsp Smucker's Red Raspberry Preserves
1 Tbsp white distilled vinegar
black pepper
Butter-flavored cooking spray
1/2 pound salmon fillet, skin removed
Whisk vinegar and raspberry preserves until blended. Sprinkle salmon with pepper, then coat with cooking spray.
Place salmon on grill until opaque and separates easily (15 minutes on a George Foreman Grill, #4, turning after about 10 minutes). Top with raspberry sauce.
Since I was using a whole-grain rice blend, it took about 45 minutes in my rice cooker. I started that first, then turned the grill on. I microwaved the asparagus for 4-5 minutes before the salmon was finished. It all came together easily for a really nice meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment