Thursday, January 12, 2012

Polenta Fries


Sorry, but no recipe to this one.  Talk about easy!  And Good!  I had eaten Polenta Fries years ago and had been wanting to try them for the longest time.  I don't know why I was afraid to dip my toes in the water because this came out to be just about the easiest side dish you could ever hope for.  

I had a tube of prepared polenta, already cooked and seasoned.  I simply cut in the tube in half crosswise, and then cut the polenta into sized-fries that I like.  This time I drizzled a bit of olive oil over the fries and then gently tossed them with S&P.....next time I think I'll just spray them with olive-oil flavored cooking spray.  Pop them into a hot (400 degree or so) oven for about half an hour, turning them (gently) once or twice.  I turned the broiler on for a few minutes to crisp them up.  And that's it!  I still have the other half tube and the can't wait to try it again.  I think this is going to become a staple around here.

No comments:

Post a Comment