Saturday, January 21, 2012

Southwestern Smoked Chicken Orzo Salad

I'm still playing with our new smoker.  I had smoked a whole chicken and needed a home for this new, delicious piece of poultry.  I had some leftover black beans and corn so decided to toss it all together with some orzo pasta.  This is not a specific recipe.  Use what you have/like.  

Here's what was in mine:

Cooked orzo
black beans
frozen corn, thawed
grape tomatoes, halved
red onions, diced
green onions, sliced
diced smoked chicken (or any cooked chicken)
cilantro, minced

Toss all this together.  Squeeze the juice of one lime (depends on how juicy it is and how you like it) and maybe a bit of canola oil (about 1 Tbsp).  Sprinkle with kosher salt and some coarsely ground pepper.  Gently toss.  Enjoy with a nice, crusty baguette or maybe some fresh flour tortillas.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Fulton's,
    From Rock's Recipes.
    I posted my profile for you to see after your comments on my blog... Here it is...
    http://www.blogger.com/profile/04577802428605854807

    Food is what I do best, getting over 400 page views a day on my blog makes me feel good.

    Thanks for your interest.

    Rock

    ReplyDelete