Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Taco Seasoning


I don't use alot of taco seasoning, but periodically I do enjoy making tacos, salads, soups, and other things with this blend.  And I would sometimes find myself running up to the grocery store to pick up a package when ***WHAM*****!!!  Why not find a recipe and just keep a jar on hand?

I found this recipe on Allrecipes with almost 2400 5* ratings.  I doubled the recipe below and will probably quadruple it next time, just for convenience sake.  I keep this in an empty spice bottle labeled "Taco Seasoning."  Much cheaper and convenient, and if you run out, likely you'll have everything on hand to mix up a new batch without another trip to the store!

TACO SEASONING

1 Tbsp chili powder
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp onion powder
pinch (I used less) cayenne pepper
1/4 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp paprika (I used half paprika and half smoked paprika)
1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp table salt
1/2 tsp black pepper 

Mix all spices together until well combined.  Use immediately or store in an airtight container in your spice cabinet and use as needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment