Sunday, February 10, 2013

Toll House Dark Chocolate Chip Cookies

I try to always post new and different recipes on this blog.  But sometimes, there is nothing much better than the tried and true.  This is a take-off on the traditional Nestle Toll House Chocolate Chip Cookies, simply using their Dark Chocolate Chips instead of the semi-sweet chips.  It's the same recipe, just using dark chocolate.  I used walnuts in these cookies, simply because I had more on hand.  Generally, I would use pecans.  Also, I make the dough the day before and bake the next day.

Always good, tried and true.

TOLL HOUSE DARK CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES (makes about 4 1/2 dozen)

2 1/4 cup AP flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt (I use kosher, would reduce to 1/2 tsp if using table salt)
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup light brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 large eggs
1 2/3 cups (10 oz pkg) dark chocolate morsels
1 cup chopped nuts

Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a small bowl.  Beat butter, sugars and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy.  Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each additional.  Gradually beat in flour mixture.  Stir in morsels and nuts.  Drop by rounded tablespoons onto ungreased baking sheets (I used parchment paper and a Silpat on my two baking sheets....makes clean-up effortless).  

Bake for 9-11 minutes (mine: 9 minutes) or until golden brown.  Cool on baking sheets.  Remove to wire racks. 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment