Thursday, March 7, 2013

Green Beans with Mushrooms

I love fresh green beans.  I generally cook them (whole, ends trimmed) in heavily kosher-salted boiling water (the salt somehow sweetens them).  But I needed a bit more of an up-scale side dish for the entree I was making and decided on this dish.

Quite simple and quick to make, it comes out wonderfully.  But I love mushrooms and onions, so this is a dish made to my likings.  This will definitely be on our table quite often.

GREEN BEANS with MUSHROOMS (2 servings)

1 1/2 cups cut fresh green beans (2" pieces)
1/4 cup chopped onion
4 tsp butter
1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
Pepper to taste

In a saucepan, cook beans in water for 6-8 minutes or until tender.  In a skillet, saute onion in butter until tender.  Add mushrooms; cook and stir for 1 minute.

Drain beans, add the mushrooms mixture and pepper.  

Recipe Source: Taste of Home: April 1997, p. 12 

No comments:

Post a Comment