Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Cake Mix Cookies


For some reason, I keep running across dessert treat recipes using a cake mix as part of the ingredients.  Is this a new trend?  Regardless, I was looking for something new to send to Jim's office so thought I'd give these a try (I have some leftover mix which I'm going to use with cake mix Rice Crispie treats).  I split the dough in half and added mini chocolate chips to have, and made the other half plain.  Quite good.  Like a chewy sugar cookie. PLAN AHEAD:  The dough needs to refrigerate overnight.

CAKE MIX COOKIES (makes 3-4 dozen, depending on whether you add choc chips)

3/4 cup softened butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 egg yolk
2 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup flour
1 1/4 cup Funfetti Cake Mix
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 cup chocolate chips (amount to taste, optional)

Cream together the butter and sugars.  Mix in the egg yolk, egg, and vanilla until creamy.  Add in the flour, cake mix, and baking soda.  Stir in the chocolate chips.

Refrigerate dough overnight.

Preheat oven to 350.

Scoop heaping Tablespoons (I measured mine, 18 grams) of dough onto parchment-lined cookie sheets.  Bake for 12-15 minutes, until the edges are golden.

No comments:

Post a Comment