Saturday, August 6, 2011

Greek Salad


Still grillin' and salad makin'!  I'm trying so hard to make a varying menu during the week that I oftentimes forget some of my favorite, fundamental salads.  Like this greek salad.  I've been making this salad for 25 years and love it every single time.  And with tomato/cucumber season in full bloom, I always have everything on hand to make it at the last minute.  Add some leftover grilled chicken if you are so inclined.

GREEK SALAD (serves 2)

1 small head romaine, chopped
about 10-12 grape tomatoes, halved
1/4-1/2 green pepper, thinly slices
1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
about 1/2 cup olives (black, Kalamata, oil-cured)
fresh dill, chopped (optional)
feta cheese

Dressing:
2 Tbsp EVOO
2 Tbsp lemon juice
1/4-1/2 tsp dried basil
1/4-1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/2-1 tsp minced garlic
salt, to taste (I don't use it, I find the feta salty enough)

Whisk the dressing together.  Toss the salad ingredients, add dressing.  Serve with a crusty baguette.

No comments:

Post a Comment