Sunday, August 28, 2011

ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY!!!!



Well, it's been exactly one year since I started this blog.  Oh, and what a year it's been!  This blog is called, afterall, The Fulton Girls.  Which means it's supposed to be about our girls.  Pauline (the cat, age 16 1/2), Spot and Muffin (ages 12 1/2), and Lindie, somewhere around 5 years old, we have no idea.

And these girls are aging, but then, aren't we all?  OK, I have to admit, Pauline has never been our favorite cat.  And we've had some good ones.  My bestest buddy, Sooner, lived to be 18.   And Asta, who had a never-ending engine, had just about as many good years.  And who could forget Chester the Molester?  Such a character!!!!!  Sweet little Joneva, the tiniest girl you ever saw.   We will all be together forever.

But, we are definitely in the twilight years of three of our girls.  Even though Spot and Muffin promised me to live to be 30-years-old (people years), we must be realistic. And Paulina has dwindled from 14 pounds last year to less than 10 pounds this year.  And my Sweetheart says he feels Spot and Muffin are thinning out as well.  Just the thought of it makes me weepy.  After all, they promised me, right?

Here in Chattanooga, I think we are finally starting to see the end of this horrid summer heat.  I actually sat out on the back porch trying to finish the best-seller "The Help."  Under 90 degrees, low humidity, a really nice breeze.  I'm just about to the end of the book and such a tale it is.  I cannot wait to finish it, just like I cannot wait for this long, hot summer to end.

No comments:

Post a Comment