Monday, August 1, 2011

Caesar-Style Tortellini w/Chicken


Talk about a fast and easy summer salad!  This is a slightly altered Publix recipe.  Their recipe called for grilling a pork tenderloin, but I had BBQ'ed some chicken the other night and had leftovers, so I just used that.

The Publix recipe calls for a 10-oz Caesar salad kit.....you know,  the bagged lettuce in the produce department.  The bag has cut-up romaine lettuce, croutons, and Caesar dressing.  I had all of these separately, so I just chopped up some lettuce and added my own croutons.  I have a creamy Caesar dressing made up which I used to mix with the rest.  I also adjusted the rest of the ingredients to make enough for just us two.

Toss everything together and serve with a crusty baguette and BAM!  you've got dinner on another hot summer night.

CAESAR-STYLE TORTELLINI SALAD (6 servings)

1 large tomato, coarsely chopped
1 (10-oz) Caesar salad kit
3 cups frozen cheese tortellini
1/4 cup + 1 Tbsp grated Parmesan
1/3 cup sour cream
2 tsp Dijon
1/3 cup slices black olives, drained
S&P

leftover chicken or pork, diced or shredded

Cook tortellini following package instructions.  Reserve 1/4 cup pasta water when draining.

Combine in salad bowl, 1/4 cup Parmesan, sour cream, mustard, Caesar dressing (from kit), reserved pasta water, and S&P to taste; whisk until smooth.

Add tortellinis, olives, tomatoes, croutons (from kit), and lettuce, toss with dressing.  Sprinkle with chicken or pork and remaining 1 Tbsp Parmesan.

No comments:

Post a Comment