Sunday, August 14, 2011

Espresso Mint Cookies


OK, I posted this recipe last year.  And if I had to choose only one cookie that I had to pick to eat for the rest of my life, I think this would be the one.  But there is one caveat, perhaps making this an extra-special cookie, and that is that the essential ingredient is only available seasonally.  If that.

I ran across these Hershey Kisses last winter.  I don't know if these were only available last year, or if this will be an annual seasonal kiss for Hershey's.  Oh, I am keeping my fingers crossed.  Once I discovered this recipe and these kisses, I stocked up.  After this batch of cookies, I am down to four bags.  I hope Jim's office is grateful, they are definitely receiving a very special cookie.

ESPRESSO MINT COOKIES  (makes about 3 dozen cookies)

1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
2 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp KOSHER salt (1/4 tsp if using regular table salt)
1 3/4 cup flour
1 Tbsp instant espresso granules (found in the coffee aisle next to instant coffee)
1 package (8 oz)  Hershey's Candy Cane Kisses, coarsely chopped

Preheat oven to 375.  Line baking sheets with parchment paper. 

Cream the butter and sugars.  Beat in the egg and vanilla.

Combine the dry ingredients and beat into the butter mixture.  Stir in the chopped Kisses (this is a pretty dry dough...I used my (CLEAN) hands to mix up the dough and the Kisses.

Drop by heaping tablespoons (18 grams) onto cookie sheet.  Bake for 11-13 minutes until golden around the edges, but still a bit soft in the middle.

No comments:

Post a Comment