Sunday, October 16, 2011

Lemon Cream Cookies


This is a really interesting recipe I ran across on a blog a long time ago.  I wish I could give the blog credit, but I didn't print out the blog address.  The woman's name is "Steph."  So thanks, Steph, somewhere out there in blogland.

Interesting because of the incredibly short and simple recipe.  And texture.  The dough is ultra sticky, and the baked cookies have an incredibly tender and light texture.  While it takes just minutes to mix up the batter (and then at least an hour refrigerating), it takes a bit longer to roll the cookies in the powdered sugar because they are so sticky (I had to rinse my hands each time after rolling just a few).  Definitely an end-of-summer treat.  I'm so looking forward to getting into some wonderful fall dishes and soups!

LEMON CREAM COOKIES (makes about 3 dozen)

1 box lemon cake mix
1 large egg
zest and juice from 1 large lemon (I would consider using 2, especially if they are smaller or less ripe....I like a lot of tart lemon in mine)
8 oz Cool Whip
confectioners' sugar

Mix the cake mix, egg, lemon juice, and lemon zest until evenly distributed.  The batter will be crumbly.  Fold in the Cool Whip until well combined.  It will be sticky.  Chill in the fridge for one hour (overnight might make it easier to handle). 

Scoop the batter into the desired size (I weighed mine at 20 grams each) and roll in the sugar.  Place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.  Bake at 350 for about 10 minutes or until lightly golden.

No comments:

Post a Comment