Monday, October 10, 2011

Nutella Puppy Chow

Autumn is here!!!  Yea!!!  Our highs this week are all in the 70's (tomorrow's high is suppose to be 66!)  I am so ready to get back into cooking.  And now that it's October, I am starting to think about Halloween.  I have a stack of fun dessert recipes to try over the next few weeks, that is if I can pawn them all off on Jim's office.  This was a fast, easy recipe for which I just happened to have all the ingredients on hand.  A sweet version of a Chex Party Mix.  The Nutella is wonderful, a hazelnut/chocolate butter.  Melted with chocolate chips and butter, and dusted with powdered sugar.  Perfect for that sweet tooth.

NUTELLA PUPPY CHOW

1/2 cup butter
1 cup Nutella
1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
14 oz box  Chex cereal (I used wheat because the chocolate mixture is pretty thick, I think the corn or rice versions would probably break up while stirring)
2-3 cups powdered sugar

In a pan over medium-low heat, melt the butter and chocolate chips, stirring constantly.  When all is melted and smooth, remove from heat and stir in the Nutella.

Slowly pour the chocolate/Nutella mixture over cereal in a large mixing bowl.  Wash your hands and use them to stir everything together until fairly evenly coated.

Pour in the powdered sugar and shake, starting with 1/2 cup at a time.  You want to make sure everything's coated, but not too sweet (the original directions said to put the cereal in a gallon-sized ziplock and shake the sugar onto the cereal.....I found it easier to mix it in the bowl).

No comments:

Post a Comment