Friday, January 4, 2013

Brussels Sprouts with Bacon Horseradish Cream

We love Brussels Sprouts around here.  I have tried different recipes, but nothing has ever proven better than simply boiled sprouts with a bit of butter.  Until now.  I love bacon and horseradish so why wouldn't I try this recipe?  It was absolutely delicious and I am so glad I now have an alternative to one of our favorite side dishes.

BRUSSELS SPROUTS with BACON-HORSERADISH CREAM 

1 1/2 pounds Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
4 strips crisp-cooked bacon, finely chopped
1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
2 tsp prepared horseradish
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp black pepper

Place a steamer basket in a large saucepan, add 1" of water and bring to a boil.  Put sprouts in the basket and steam until tender, about 6-8 minutes.

Mix bacon, sour cream, horseradish, S&P in a medium bowl.  Add the sprouts and toss to coat.  

Recipe Source: EatingWell.com
 

No comments:

Post a Comment