Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Taco Salad

I ran across these neat little pans at Wal-Mart the other day (for about $10) and I just love them.  You can use any type and size of tortillas you like: corn, flour, mixed grain, small, large.  I experimented yesterday using different tortillas I had in the freezer.  They all came out great and the salad with wonderful.  You could also use the bowls for chili, garden salads, even ice cream sundae bowls.

You simply line the pans with your tortilla (they come four to a box) and bake at 400F for around 5 minutes, depending on the size and just how crunchy you want them.....it only takes one or two attempts to get them how you like them.

I had some leftover shredded chicken (from that wonderful Rock Salt Roasted Chicken I posted a few days ago).  I mixed the chicken with some taco seasoning and salsa.  Of course you can do a traditional ground beef taco mix, or even fish or shrimp.  Then put whatever toppings you like on your salad.  Some suggestions:

Shredded lettuce
Chopped tomatoes
Sliced black olives
Chopped onions
Shredded cheese
Sour Cream
Salsa
Guacamole or avocado slices
Pickled jalapeno slices 
Ranch dressing (or Ranch mixed with salsa) 

No comments:

Post a Comment