Saturday, January 5, 2013

Leftover Turkey and Dressing Casserole

I know this is a little late for Thanksgiving and/or Christmas, but I had frozen my leftover turkey breasts and dressing.  I still had some gravy and cranberry sauce in the frig I wanted to use up.  Doing a search on-line, I ran across this incredibly easy (4 ingredient) recipe which turned out to be surprisingly delicious.  I thought that the cranberry sauce would kind of melt into the dish, but it actually stays jelled.  So if you still have stuff in the freezer, here's a great way to use them.

LEFTOVER TURKEY and DRESSING CASSEROLE (Serves 4)

4 cups prepared turkey dressing
2 cups cooked cut up or sliced turkey
1 3/4 to 2 cups prepared turkey gravy
1/3 cup jellied or whole cranberry sauce, cubed (I used about 1/2 can of sauce, and sliced it and placed it on top)

Butter or pan-spray bottom and sides of a 2-quart baking dish.  Arrange half of the stuffing in the bottom of dish.  Add half of the turkey and then half of the gravy.  Repeat layers.  Top with cranberry sauce.

Bake at 350F for 30 minutes.  

No comments:

Post a Comment