Saturday, June 29, 2013

Blue Moon Orange Chicken


What started out as a little touch-up paint project has turned into a full-blown paint-the-stairwell-and-hallway project.  Last night I was just beat, but in need of something other than veggies and dip for dinner.  I needed some protein!

This is the simplest dish and since I had a chicken breast thawed, it took all of ten minutes for this weary cook to get something delish in me.  This original recipe calls for Blue Moon brand beer which I didn't have and didn't care.  It still turned out great.  A full-bodied beer which definitely bulk this up a bit (I used a light beer) and give it a deeper flavor.  But the star to me was the shallots.  I will definitely double-up next time.  But then, I'm an onion girl.

BLUE MOON ORANGE CHICKEN (4 servings)

1 pound chicken breasts, pounded thin
EVOO, for brushing
S&P
1 1/2 Tbsp EVOO
2 large shallots, sliced thin
1 cup Blue Moon beer
1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce (do not use regular)
juice of 2 oranges

Brush both sides of chicken breasts with EVOO and season with S&P.  Cook in a large skillet over medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes a side, or until cooked through, then remove to a plate and set aside.

Turn heat down to medium, add EVOO to skillet, and then add shallots.  Cook shallots until translucent, about 1 minute, then add beer, soy sauce, and orange juice.  Turn heat up and bring mixture to a boil then cook, scraping up brown bits from bottom of skillet with a wooden spoon, until sauce has reduced and thickened, 4-5 minutes.  Add chicken back to skillet then coat with sauce and serve.

Recipe Source:  www.iowagirleats.com

No comments:

Post a Comment