Friday, June 14, 2013

Pasta Salad with Goat Cheese and Arugula

 


After two days of mashed potatoes and matzo balls in chicken broth, I really needed something a bit more stubstantial after my root canal!  But something that was still easy on the old tooth.  Given my love of arugula and goat cheese, this was perfect.  Not to mention really, really good!  While the pasta and beans make this an entree salad, you could certainly make this a side salad for a grilled chicken dinner.

A few tips, at least for me.  I originally cut the recipe listed below in half.  But next time instead of using 4 oz of arugula, I'll go wtih 2-3 oz.  I will use the entire can of cannellini beans, and increase the 1 1/2 oz of goat cheese to 2-3 oz.  The original recipe is simply a guideline....adjust it to your liking.  Half of this recipe made 3-4 servings for me.

PASTA SALAD with GOAT CHEESE and ARUGULA

Coarse salt and ground pepper
3/4 pound germelli or other short pasta (I used mini penne)
1 can (15 oz) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
3/4 cup crumbled fresh goat cheese (3 oz)
3 Tbsp EVOO
2 Tbsp red-wine vinegar
2 tsp Dijon mustard
1 bunch arugula (8 oz), torn
1/2 small red onin, thinly sliced

In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta until al dente.  Drain pasta and rinse under cold water.  In  a large bowl, toss pasta with beans and goat cheese.

Make dressing: In a bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, and mustard and season with S&P (to store, refrigerate pasta mixture and dressing separately, up to 1 day).  To serve, toss pasta mixture with dresssing, arugula, and onion.

Recipe Source:  Everyday Food, June 2009


No comments:

Post a Comment