Monday, June 17, 2013

Creamy Chicken and Herb Skillet

This chicken dish was so good, I'm really thinking about making it again tonight!  And talk about easy.  I grilled some zucchini to go with it and it was all so good I didn't bother to add any potatoes or rice.

As usual, I cut the recipe in half.  I had an 8 ounce chicken breast and instead of pounding it thin as the recipe calls for, I simply cut it in half (like a hamburger bun).  Now generally this would make two entree meals (we generally eat a 4 ounce portion of meat or fish), but it was so good I ended up eating both portions!

The recipe calls for chopped fresh herbs....I used tarragon.  For the zucchini, I simply sliced it lengthwise and added some EVOO, S&P, and some of the leftover chopped tarragon.  Perfect!

CREAMY CHICKEN and HERB SKILLET (serves 4...or 2!)

1 lb chicken breasts, pounded thin
EVOO, for brushing
S&P
1 Tbsp EVOO
1 large shallot, minced
5 oz spreadable herb cheese (like Boursin or Rondele)
1/2 cup chicken broth
1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
2 Tbsp chopped fresh tarragon, basil, or parsley

Brush both sides of chicken breasts with EVOO then season both sides with S&P.  Cook in olive oil or nonstick sprayed skillet over medium-high heat until no longer pink in the center.  Remove to a plate and set aside.

Turn heat down to medium then add EVOO and shallots.  Saute until shallots are slightly softened, about 1 minute, then add herb cheese, chicken broth, and lemon juice.  Stir until creamy then add in fresh herbs.  Spoon sauce over cooked chicken and serve.

Recipe source:  www.iowagirleats.com

No comments:

Post a Comment