Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Wing Zzzingers


This is a recipe I found about 15 years ago.  I love wings, any wings.  Jim is not a fan, so I only make them when I'm alone.  I generally do traditional Buffalo wings or these Wing Zzzingers.  I love them both, but this is a nice diversion from a deep-fried wing instead leaning towards a nice herb grilled wing.

This recipe calls for making about two pounds of wings.  The seasonings will keep refrigerated for, well, a long, long time, so I will generally make a big batch and keep it in the frig and just use it for 5-6 wings.  It comes with a recipe for a traditional Buffalo sauce, but you can certainly use a Ranch or Bleu Cheese dressing if you prefer.

WING ZZZINGERS (for approximately 2 pounds of wings)

Sauce:
1/3 cup hot sauce
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 tsp vinegar with peppers
1/4 stick butter

Melt all ingredients.  Set aside.

Wings Seasonings:
1 1/2 tsp black pepper
1 1/2 tsp minced garlic
1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
1 1/2 tsp chili powder
1 1/2 tsp paprika
1 1/2 tsp dried rosemary
dash cayenne

Pour some of the hot sauce over the wings and toss.  Add all of the seasonings and toss again.

Place on top level of grill (I have a George Foreman grill and simply heat grill on "5" and cook on "4" for 30 minutes/15 minutes per side).  On traditional grill, cook on low/medium for about 15 minutes, depending on the size of the wings.  Brush remaining sauce on top of wings and turn.  Grill for another 15 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment