Thursday, April 25, 2013

Oven Herb Potatoes


Talk about quick and easy!  This recipe calls for those pre-packaged potatoes found (at least in our supermarkets) at the end of the meat aisle, between the bacon and eggs.  This is the first time I've ever used them, and only because they were half-priced, costing me just $1.25 for the bag.  I had everything else on hand so this was an economical and very complimentary side dish for an Orange Shrimp I prepared (that recipe tomorrow).

This recipe calls for the zest from one orange.  It was a bit over-powering for me, so I think I'll start with the zest of just half an orange, and put the rest on the side and add it afterwards if I think it needs more.

OVEN HERB POTATOES (4 servings)

1-2 sprigs fresh rosemary (strip rosemary stalks and, using kitchen shears, get 1 Tbsp fresh rosemary)
Zest of one orange (1 Tbsp)
2 Tbsp canola oil
1 Tbsp honey
1/2 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper (or more to taste)
1 (20 oz) package refrigerated red potato wedges

Preheat oven to 400F.

Combine all ingredients (except potatoes) in medium bowl until blended.

Stir in potatoes until evenly coated, transfer to a two-quart baking dish.  Bake 30-35 minutes or until potatoes are tender.  Serve.

Recipe Source: publix.com/aprons



No comments:

Post a Comment