Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Brazilian Chicken Curry

You know, I'll never post any recipe I wouldn't cook at least one more time, probably much more. A bunch of staples here, but every once in a while there's a dish that says "Oh my, that was good!" Here's one of them.

This is a Publix Apron's recipe. Another fast and easy recipe. I'm sitting here thinking..."there's a bit of leftovers downstairs.....hmmmm." Absolutely we'll be doing this one again, and I'll certainly double the recipe next time. I altered the recipe a bit because I wanted more sauce. The recipe below made enough for two with just a tiny bit leftover. I made jasmine rice and asparagus to go with it (the asparagus was a really good match).

BRAZILIAN CHICKEN CURRY

1/2 small sweet onion, chopped
1/2 red pepper, chopped
1 small russet potato, chopped into about 1/2-3/4" cubes
2 tsp fresh ginger, finely chopped
3 Tbsp chopped cilantro
1/2 pound chicken, diced into bite-sized pieces
1/4 tsp kosher salt
1/4 tsp coarsely-ground black pepper
1 tsp curry
1 cup light coconut milk
1 Tbsp tomato paste
2 tsp minced garlic
Cooked rice

Coat onions, peppers, and potato with cooking spray. Saute in a pan until browned.

Coat chicken with cooking spray, then season with salt, pepper, and curry. Add chicken to vegetables, cook and stir 3-4 minutes or until chicken has browned on all sides.

Whisk coconut milk, tomato paste, ginger, and garlic into chicken/vegetable mixture until smooth and potatoes are tender. Stir in cilantro. Serve over rice.

Mmmmmmmmmmmm.....................

No comments:

Post a Comment