Thursday, December 9, 2010

DIY Holiday Pillows

I just ran across this idea on-line.....it is so easy!

Instead of spending $15+ (I just looked at Pottery Barn's pillows which range from $30-$50) for a holiday pillow, pick up a double-sided placement. I got these at Target for $4. Using a seam ripper, open the seam a few inches and stuff it with polyester fiberfill (I got this at Jo-Ann fabrics). If you have a sewing machine (I don't), just stitch it back up. I used a needle and thread. And that's it! I have a feeling I'm going to turn into a full-time pillow maker!

I'll definitely be keeping an eye out at clearance tables, and after any holiday when stuff goes half-price. Just think, you could have pillows for every holiday (Easter, 4th of July, Halloween.....any holiday)!

No comments:

Post a Comment