Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Fish Tacos

I ran across this recipe for Grilled Fish Tacos with Chipotle Sauce last night on-line and it sounded good. It is, and so much faster and easier than I had expected. I wish this were a better photo. The taco recipe below served two. I served it with rice and Garlic Black Beans (saute 1 tsp minced garlic in oil or cooking spray. Add 1 can drained and rinsed black beans, 1/3 cup tomato juice or V8, 1 tsp cumin, 1/2 tsp salt, and 2 Tbsp chopped cilantro. Heat throughout).

GRILLED FISH TACOS WITH CHIPOTLE SAUCE

1/2 lb cod or tilapia

1 Tbsp oil

Blackening sauce (1 Tbsp kosher salt, 1 Tbsp sugar, 1/2 Tbsp black pepper, 1 Tbsp paprika, 1/2 Tbsp oregano, 1/2 Tbsp cayenne {WAY too much for me, personally, I leave it out altogether}, 1 tsp chipotle powder {I used chili powder} 1/2 Tbsp garlic, 1/2 tsp dry mustard........or you can buy prepared blackening seasoning in the spice aisle)

1/2 head purple cabbage (I used 1/2 bag finely shredded cole slaw mix)

1/2 lime

1 green onion, finely sliced

2 small Romas, diced

6 corn tortillas

Chipotle yogurt (3/4 cup plain yogurt, 1 1/2 tsp chopped cilantro, 1/4 tsp salt, 1 chipotle pepper, finely minced, no seeds, 1/2 tsp adobo sauce)

Combine cabbage, green onion, and squeeze the lime to cover with juice. Toss to coat. Set aside.

Preheat grill.

Oil fish (I sprayed with cooking spray). Thinly coat both sides with blackening spice.

Grill on both sides until done.

Wrap tortillas in aluminum foil and warm in 275 oven for 10-15 minutes.

Slice fish into 1" pieces.

Assemble: Cabbage, fish, sauce, and tomatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment