Monday, February 28, 2011

Julia Child's Basic Viniagrette Salad Dressing

Somehow I kinda got away from simple side salads. And I've made more vinaigrettes than I can count, but the other day I decided I needed a simple vinaigrette I could toss on some greens to complete a meal. Doing a quick search, up popped Julia Child's Basic Viniagrette. Well, it had to be good, right? Of course it is.

I can already tell this is going to be on our dinner table several nights a week. And what a lovely, delicious salad this was: half romaine, half spring mix tossed with JC's viniagrette, and topped with crumbled goat cheese and halved grape tomatoes. Simple, lovely, and absolutely delicious.

JULIA CHILD'S BASIC VINIAGRETTE

Whisk together:

1/2 Tbsp finely minced shallot

1/2 Tbsp Dijon mustard

1/4 tsp salt

1/2 Tbsp freshly-squeezed lemon juice

1/2 Tbsp wine vinegar

1/3-1/2 cup EVOO

freshly ground black pepper

No comments:

Post a Comment