Monday, February 21, 2011

Swedish Meatballs


This is another Publix "Apron's" recipe. My stash of my favorite meatballs was running dangerously low. I always keep them in the freezer to pull out for a quick and delicious dinner. So I decided to make a new batch, but pulled out enough of the mixture (sans raisins) to make 6 Swedish Meatballs (weighing 50 grams each). I served it on top of egg noodles with some steamed broccoli on the side. This recipe served 2 (plus leftovers for The Girls).
SWEDISH MEATBALLS
1/2 Tbsp butter
4 oz sliced mushrooms
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
1 Tbsp flour
7 oz beef broth
1/2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce (this was a bit heavy for me....I'll try 1 tsp next time)
2 Tbsp sour cream
1/2 lb fully cooked meatballs (OH! I thought I had posted the BEST meatball recipe, but now I can't find it.....stay tuned.....I'll do spags & meatballs soon and show you these wonderful concoctions!)
4 oz wide egg noodles
1 Tbsp cornstarch
2 Tbsp water
Bring water to boil for noodles.
Preheat large saute pan on medium-high 2-3 minutes. Place butter in pan, then add mushrooms, salt, and pepper; cook and stir 5 minutes or until mushrooms are browned. Stir in flour, cook and stir 2 more minutes.
Whisk in broth, Worcestershire, and sour cream; bring to boil. Add meatballs, cover, and return to boil; boil 10 minutes, stirring occassionally.
Cook noodles following package directions.
Combine cornstarch and water until well blended. Slowly pour into meatball mixture, stirring until thickened. Drain noodles. Serve meatball mixture over noodles.
NOTE: I would have preferred more sauce than this made, so I think I'll double the sauce recipe next time I make this.

No comments:

Post a Comment