Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Zucchini Side Dish

Over the last week, I haven't been making many new dishes because looking back on the blog, I've kinda been repeating some dishes that simply appealed to me at the moment. So while this one isn't an entree, it's a wonderful, colorful side dish that will go with just about anything.

There are six never-varying components:
EVOO
Chopped onions
Minced garlic
Zucchini, sliced thick then cut in half
Yellow crookneck squash, sliced thick then cut in half
Grape tomatoes, cut in half

Saute the onions and garlic in olive oil under soft. Then add the zucchini and squash. Stir well and cook over a medium heat (covered) for just a few minutes.......I like the center to just begin to cook and the outer parts to be a bit crisp. About a minute before it's to your liking, throw in the tomatoes just so they heat throughout.

I generally season with salt and pepper and one of my seasonings: Nunu's or Joe's Hot Stuff. Once my herb garden is up and running, I generally throw in one or two fresh herbs.....depending on what my entree will be.

This is so quick, easy, beautiful, nutritious, and delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment