Thursday, February 24, 2011

White Chicken Chili

OK, once again, let me apologize for the photo. I would have omitted this altogether if this chili weren't so good! But it was so good, even if the photo isn't. I took a few recipes and used what I like and added a few things that weren't in the ones I chose. The combination was just wondeful. I can't wait until fall so I can try it again!

WHITE CHICKEN CHILI

8 oz dried navy beans, soaked overnight
3 cups chicken or turkey broth
1/2 sweet onion, chopped
2 large garlic cloves, minced
1/2-1 jalapeno, seeded and minced (depending on size)
1 Tbsp chopped cilantro
1 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp smoked paprika
1/2 lb diced cooked chicken or turkey
shredded Jack or Mexican-blend cheese, to taste

Bring navy beans and broth to a boil, then turn down to a simmer until beans are tender (mine took about an hour).

In the meantime, saute onion, garlic, cilantro, and jalapeno in canola cooking spray until tender. Add cumin and paprika, stir and saute a minute or two. Add to beans. Add meat.

In a bowl, sprinkle a bit of cheese on the bottom. Fill with chili. Sprinkle a bit more cheese on top. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment