Wednesday, July 3, 2013

McCall's Plantation Shrimp Salad


I've had this recipe in my files for a couple of years and have always wanted to try it but for some reason never got around to it (maybe because Jim isn't a big olive fan).  But looking for something quick and easy and with ingredients I had ready and on hand, I remembered this recipe.

It's right up my alley.  And so simple!  I'm posting this recipe as I found it, but all I did was take some cooked rice and add some roasted shrimp, onion, chopped green olives, and mayo.  Mixed it up and had a wonderful dinner after another day of painting!

McCALL'S PLANTATION SHRIMP SALAD (serves 6)

2 pounds shrimp, cleaned and deveined
1 package shrimp seasoning (recipe recommends Old Bay)
1 cup rice
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped green olives
black pepper
1 cup mayo

Boil shrimp in water with shrimp seasoning until just pink.  Drain and reserve the shrimp water.  Chop shrimp into bite-sized pieces, put on paper towels; set aside to cool.

In the reserved water, boil the rice according to package instructions until tender, drain and set aside.  Add the onion, olives, and black pepper, to taste, to the rice.  Then stir in the mayo.  Add the cooled, dry shrimp last.  Toss and serve.

Recipe Source: Paula Deen

No comments:

Post a Comment