Monday, October 25, 2010

Bar-B-Q Shrimp over Rice




I need a quick, easy meal the other night and thought I'd try the recipe on this bottle of Cajun Power Garlic Sauce (we always had this in the house when we lived in Texas, I picked up some more when I was at the New Orleans School of Cooking). I had everything on hand, just had to thaw some shrimp. This would be really good with chicken also:
Bar-B-Q Shrimp or Crawfish
4 Tablespoons butter
1/2 bell pepper, chopped
1 medium onion, chopped
4 oz slice mushrooms
3 oz Cajun Power Garlic Sauce
couple dashes Worchestershire sauce
1/2 pound shrimp, 1/2 pound crawfish, or 1/2 pound chicken
chopped green onions
chopped fresh parsley
Melt butter. Add pepper and onions, cook until tender, add mushrooms. Cook 3 minutes, add garlic sauce and worchestershire. Reduce heat. Add green onions, simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in parsley. Serve over rice.
I served this with broccoli/cauliflower salad. Just chop broccoli and cauliflower, slice some carrots, and add some thinly sliced green onions. The full dressing amount (I substantially cut this down) is 1 cup mayo, 1/3 cup tarragon vinegar, 1 Tablespoon sugar. Mix and add amount you like on raw vegetables.

No comments:

Post a Comment