Friday, October 8, 2010

Friday Night-THAI


I am so ready for the heat to STOP!!! We're going to be in the upper 80's this weekend. Please Please Please....I need cool, cloudy weather!
I'm so ready to get back in the kitchen. You just can't cook like I want when it's hot outside.
OK, finished with that tirade. What I've really been crazing lately is just about anything Asian. I used to do a lot of Asian cooking and I just got away from it the last few years. I did a Thai Curry Shrimp a month or so ago but this recipe is a bit different (I combined a couple of curry recipes, most of this is from Emeril Lagasse)....this one has a bit more depth of flavor and it will definitely be back on the table again soon. You can prepare almost everything ahead of time and it will be ready to serve in less than 10 minutes. Oh, My! Is is so good, quick, and easy!
THAI SHRIMP CURRY
this recipe serves 2
In saute pan, heat oil or spray with cooking spray. Add:
1/4 c sliced green onions
1/2 red pepper, cut into strips
1 medium carrot, trimmed and shredded
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 1/2 Tablespoon chopped cilantry
1 Tablespoon chopped, fresh basil
Saute until soft, about 3 minutes. Add:
1 to 1 1/2 Tablespoon Thai red curry paste
Saute 30-60 seconds. Add:
1 Tablespoon fish sauce
1 teaspoon light brown sugar.
Stir. Add:
1/2 can coconut milk (lightened works great).
Bring to a boil. Simmer until thickened slightly, about 2 minutes.
Add:
1/2 pound uncooked, peeled and deveined shrimp (any size will do)
Stir until the shrimp are done, about 2-3 minutes depending on the size of the shrimp.
Remove from heat and stir in:
1 Tablespoon chopped, fresh basil
Serve over jasmine rice. Garnish with a sprig of basil or cilantro.
I also serve black, seedless grapes.

No comments:

Post a Comment