Thursday, October 7, 2010

THURSDAY'S DINNER

Now you know, we don't go much for beef around here. The closest we'll get is a hamburger, and if we have a choice of turkey or buffalo, we'll always opt for that choice. But the other day, I just got to thinkin' (a bit of my Texan husband does tend to rub off of me every now and agin'......sometimes I lose my "G"s). Anywho.......I got to thinkin' about last St. Pat's Day when I did a corned beef. Golly, that's good!!!!! Why do I only do corned beef once a year? Well, I guess that brief spat of cool weather got the better of me and I could think of nothing else, so when I was at the grocery store yesterday and the package caught me eye I had to pick it up. So this morning, PLUNK, into the crock pot it (and the vegetables) went. I did forget the cabbage {{sigh}}, but the onions, carrots, and red potatoes filled the hole a bit. Plus, after my binge in the mustard aisle at Central Market (Texas), well, I could have just sat there all night! Oh, the girls enjoyed it, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment