Friday, October 29, 2010

Black Pepper Chops with Molasses Butter


As you know, we're not big beef or pork eaters here. But just every once in a while a recipe just catches my eye. I read about this recipe for a grilled pork chop with molasses butter which I thought I'd give a shot. It was quite good. It's just the pork part we weren't crazy about. Texture? I don't know.....we're fish and chicken folks here. It is an interesting glaze I would never had thought about. If you like pork and molasses, give this a try. It's quite interesting!
I served this with potato pancakes (leftover mashed potatoes formed into patties first dipped into flour, then egg, then Panko breadcrumbs, fried in canola oil) and steamed broccoli/cauliflower. This recipe serves 2.
Black Pepper Chops with Molasses Butter
2 pork chops, about 1 to 1 1/2" thick
2 Tbsp butter
1/2 Tbsp molasses
1/4 tsp lemon juice
2 Tbsp coursely-ground pepper
In a small bowl, blend butter, molasses, and lemon juice. Set aside. Rub chops on both sides with pepper. Grill turning once until done. Top each chop with a tablespoon of molasses butter.

No comments:

Post a Comment