Wednesday, October 6, 2010

My Tribute to Elvis

OK, I cannot believe what I did today. The stars must be aligned in one wacky manner today!

So, while we were at the gift shop at Graceland, I picked up this postcard with the recipe for Elvis' favorite sandwich, Peanut Butter and Banana. Now I don't care for bananas or peanut butter straight up, but I've heard the stories about this sandwich for about as long as I can remember. And it just so happened I had three things in the house that generally aren't here: white bread (it was this week's freebie at Publix), creamy peanut butter, and a really ripe banana. It was the making for The Perfect Storm.

But I have to tell you, it wasn't that bad. Jim and I each had a quarter of it and the girls finished the rest, but even with eating just that small amount, I will say I did feel a bit better before I ate it! Holy smokes, I couldn't tell you the last time I ate white bread, and between the peanut butter and butter, I don't even want to know the fat grams in those few bites! I threw a few grapes on the plate just for color because, believe me, there is no way to "health-up" this sandwich!

Hmmmm.......maybe I'll pick up some bologna while the white bread is still around and see if fried bologna sandwiches taste like I remember. Or not!

No comments:

Post a Comment