Thursday, September 30, 2010

Fall is Around the Corner!


We are finally below 80 degrees and we even woke up to a soft rain! Sunday's really looking good with a high of 69! Football weather! Changing colors! It just calls for some Ginger Cookies!
I got this recipe at a restaurant I worked at in Red Wing, MN. They have always been Jim's favorite cookies, the girls like 'em alot, too!
The recipe is in weights, one of the few times I don't mind baking.....baking is a much more exact science than cooking and you can always get consistent results when weighing ingredients instead of measuring. I don't have many recipes using weights, I wish recipes from this country would use them.
This recipe made 4 dozen big cookies (I weighed out 50 grams for each cookie)
GINGER COOKIES:
Cream:
1# Crisco
1# 6.5 oz sugar
until light and fluffy
Add:
3/4 molasses
3 eggs
mix well. Gradually add these flour and spices which have been stirred together:
2# 9 oz flour
5 3/4 teaspoons baking soda
3/4 teaspoon salt
3 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
3 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
3/4 teaspoon ground cloves
Raw Sugar
Weigh out 50 grams of dough. Roll into a ball. I then roll the balls in raw sugar (you could leave them naked, or use regular granulated sugar). I put 9 to a standard-sized cookie sheet at bake at 350 for 10 minutes, then turn the pan and cook 6 minutes more. Adjust to your oven.

No comments:

Post a Comment