Saturday, September 25, 2010

OK.....I got carried away thinking about the great food and people at Mulate's I forgot to mention the carving of our names on the rail. When we drove to N'arlin's on Easter weekend and Jim proposed to me, we stopped at Mulate's and at the time you were encouraged to write on the walls/posts so we wrote on the post "just engaged" with our names and dates. The next October on our way from N'arlin's back to Beaumont we stopped again and wrote on a post "Mark and Kay Fulton, married 10-24-97." When Jim and I stopped at Mulate's in September of 2010, we searched and searched for the posting. Turns out Mulate's had done a big re-do and the wooden posts had been refinished and most of the wood had been taken down or re-finished. But I found our "Mark and Kay Fulton, married 10-24-97" marking tucked underneath a table! I was SO excited and wanted to cry! We couldn't find our "engaged" posting, so figured it must have gottten lost with the refinishing of the restaurant. You can't really see it in the photo, but I wrote "Mark and Kay, returned in love September 2010."

I hope we can go back again some day, especially considering the most lovely couple we met that day........ You need to meet Riley and Una!

No comments:

Post a Comment