Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Tuesday's Dinner

Sorry.....still trying to figure out this typing thing! Hit "Enter" by mistake on the post above. Anywho...... our dinner tonight was Chicken Teriyaki Fried Rice with Sesame Broccoli. Turned out pretty good. If my notes are correct, here's the recipe:

First, I made the dressing for the broccoli. I used half of it to marinade the chicken for the Fried Rice:

In a mini food processor, I chopped up a small chunk (about 1"?) of ginger and one clove of garlic. Then I added 2 T of water, 2 T sesame oil, 1 T rice vinegar. Blend in processor.

I steamed the broccoli crowns and used half of the dressing on it and then topped them with toasted sesame seeds.

Now, for the Stir Fry:

Boil:

1 chopped carrot for a few minutes. Then add:
1/2 small red pepper, chopped
sugar snap peas
at the last minute, throw in about 1/4 c frozen peas
Drain

In saute pan, heat canola oil. When hot, add 8 oz chopped raw chicken which has been marinaded in the broccoli dressing. When cooked, add about 1/4 c chopped green onions and 1/4 c Egg Beaters (or 1 scrambled egg). Then add the above vegetables, 3 c cooked brown rice, and 1/4 c Veri Veri Teriyaki Sauce.

This makes 2 very substantial servings or 3 nice meals.

Pretty tasty, I gotta say......looking forward to lunch tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment