Monday, September 27, 2010




Now, when Jim and I were dating, he turned me onto BBQ crabs. There is nothing in the world like them and you can't get them anywhere but Cajun country. It's probably not what you think, but they're covered with a seasoning and then deep-fried. The best crabs I ever had was at a hole-in-the-wall joint called Channel Inn in Sabine Pass, TX, but it closed down years and years ago. A very close second is "Sartin's." Now the Sartin's we always went to was off of I-10 in Beaumont, but it was lost in a hurricane. They did rebuild in Beaumont but, alas, that location is closed on Mondays but luckily they have another location in Nederland, about 15 minutes SE of Beaumont. So guess who were the first folks in at 11 a.m. Monday morning? Oh, be still my heart! This is ABSOLUTELY in my Top Five things to eat and experience. Plan for a couple of hours....these are to be savored!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment