Sunday, September 26, 2010



Meet the world's two sweetest people!!!! Riley Broussard and Una Broussard. Now, if this is not the sweetest love story ever, I want you to tell me what is. Jim and I stopped at Mulate's for a Sunday lunch. It was no secret we were tourists. First, I was looking all over for our original postings on the wood rails and taking photos when I found it, then taking pictures of the Cajun band and our lunch. After a bit, this lovely couple sitting next to us approached us. Turns out this is Riley Broussard, owner of 3, going on 4, NUNU'S grocery stores in southern Louisiana. He notices that we're tourists and offers us a jar of Nunu's Cajun Seasoning. Now this is GOOD STUFF!!! Just enough heat to spice up your meat/vegetables, but not so much to make your head pop off! So he tells us about where his stores are so, since we're not on a schedule, we take a detour to check out his store. Well worth the trip. I stocked up on Cajun stuff, and bought a bunch of stuff for my friend Donna, another foodie, who flies internationally with American Airlines, and sends packages of food stuffs from all over the world. Boy do I have a good batch of stuff to send to her. I do miss the Cajun Gulf Coast!
But back to Riley and Una......now somebody needs to document their stories. They are the most absoluteley, wonderful, sweet, charming couple you will ever meet!!!! And their story is just too sweet. They grew up together and Una used to go to a dance hall Riley's parents had many decades ago. I guess they were kinda sweet on each other, but, you know how life goes. They ended up marrying other folks and both were married for over 50 YEARS. Well, I guess after Riley's wife died, he started thinkin' about Una. Turns out her husband of over 50 years (a career service man) had also died. So Riley gives Una a phone call. Now, I would never try to tell you about the phone call because Una's recollection is just too sweet. She is the quintessential lady (with the softest skin, to boot). But the jest of the story is, these two teen lovebirds reconnected. They are having the best times of their lives! They go out to eat and dance and just enjoy life! They are an inspiration. OK, Riley and Una.....I think you need to take a road trip to Chattanooga, or we need to get back to Breaux Bridge. You are in our hearts!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment