Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Asian Sesame Salmon and Broccoli Rabe


This is my 3rd use of the McCormick Spice Blend packages. This stuff is so handy and, even though the entire recipe is enclosed and I while I will use the recipe again, I probably won't buy the pre-packaged spices. But it's a great concept and if you work outside the home and have children, this is a wonderful way to serve a terrific dinner for you family.
I always try to serve salmon at least once or sometimes twice a week. This is such a great recipe. The broccoli rabe was a great side dish and we're still getting sweet, crisp corn-on-the-cob. Plus, I've discovered the BEST rosemary/salt rolls at Fresh Market here in Chattanooga. This was really a great meal. I also made a wonderful Apple Cake, which I'll get a photo of and post next.
ASIAN SESAME SALMON (8 servings....I obviously cut this down to feed just us two)
PACKAGE INCLUDES (or you can assemble on your own)
2 tsp toasted sesame seed
1 tsp minced garlic (dried)
1 tsp minced onion (dried)
3/4 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper (optional, or to taste)
YOU WILL NEED:
1/3 cup honey
1/3 cup thinly sliced green onions
2 Tbsp soy sauce
2 lbs salmon fillets
DIRECTIONS:
Mix honey, green onions, soy sauce, and all of the spices except crushed red pepper in a small bowl until well blended. Stir in crushed red pepper to taste. Place salmon in a 13x9 (I used a much smaller dish since I was using a 3/4# salmon fillet) baking dish. Spoon honey mixture evenly over salmon.
Roast in a preheated 375 degree oven for about 20 minutes. Baste occasionally with honey mixture.


BROCCOLI RABE
1# broccoli rabe (rappini)
2-3 cloves of garlic, sliced
1 Tbsp olive oil
1/4 to 1/2 cup chicken broth
lemon
Saute garlic slices in olive oil until just clear, not brown. Add broccolini and saute for a few minutes. Add chicken broth and bring to a boil. Turn heat down, cover and cook until broccolini is tender. Squeeze lemon over broccolini.

No comments:

Post a Comment