Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Espresso Mint Cookies

Holy Smokes! I really ran across a great recipe. I had found a few recipes over the last month calling for differently-flavored/colored Hershey's Kisses (Pumpkin Spice, one which had the colors of a candy corn), but I could never find those Kisses. Well, the other day I ran across these "Candy Cane" flavored Kisses at Walgreen's so I picked them up. I went to the Hershey website listed on the bag and found this recipe.

These cookies are SO GOOD!!!!! Crispy on the outside, very chewy on the inside the the mint is so delicious! You don't really taste the espresso, but I think it really adds a depth of flavor I hadn't expected. If you run across these Kisses, I urge you to pick them up and try a batch. If you can't find them, let me know and I'll send a bag to you, but only if you promise to bake up a batch. I'm gonna pick up some extra bags before these are gone. (UPDATE: I just went and picked up TEN bags of Kisses, so let me know if you need any!)

I started on my Thanksgiving menu today. Made my Grandma Barton's Pecan Pie, a Pumpkin Chiffon Pie, some Tomato Tapenade and Olive Tapenade with Crostini. I'll get photos when they're ready for presentation. I've got a full day planned in the kitchen tomorrow and GLORY BE!!!!! It's suppose to rain for the next few days! A full day in the kitchen, rain, and a couple of Lifetime Movies saved on the DVR. You know where to find me!

ESPRESSO MINT COOKIES

1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
2 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1 3/4 cup flour
1 Tbsp instant espresso (find in the coffee aisle next to instant coffee)
1 package (8 oz) Hershey's Candy Cane Kisses, coarsely chopped

Preheat oven to 375. Line baking sheets with parchment paper. Coarsely chop the kisses.

Cream the butter and sugars.

Beat in the egg and vanilla.

Combine the dry ingredients and beat into the butter mixture. Stir in the chopped Kisses (this is a pretty dry dough.....I used my (CLEAN) hands to mix up the dough and Kisses.

Drop by heaping tablespoons onto cookie sheet. Bake for 11-13 minutes until golden around the edges, but still a bit soft in the middle.

This recipe made 2 1/2 dozen cookies for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment