Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Greek Chicken Pasta

One more recipe my neighbor, Claudia, shared with me is Greek Chicken Pasta. I have since run across another almost identical recipe, but with just a few changes. I kinda merged the two, but I don't think I've made it the same way twice. Any variation is easy and delicious! I almost always have enough of the ingredients to throw together at the last minute. I just serve this with a good, crusty baguette. This recipe would serve 2-3 (2 of us and some for The Girls!)

GREEK CHICKEN PASTA

6 oz cooked pasta (I usually use penne, but this time I used bow-tie)

Saute in olive oil:
1 clove garlic
1/4 cup diced red onion

then add:

8 oz diced chicken, cook about 5 minutes

Add:

7 oz marinated artichoke hearts (this time I used a 14 oz can, tough outer leaves peeled off and then halved)
1/3 cup feta cheese
1 small chopped tomato, or 12 grape tomatoes, halved, or 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes (I used smoked SDTs)
chopped fresh parsley
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp dried oregano
1/4 cup chopped Greek olives (I prefer olive-cured vs. Kalamata)

Mix together until heated through.

No comments:

Post a Comment